TG Microphone Cassette - Chandler Limited
Full-featured mixing console channel strip, incorporating elements of the historic EMI/Abbey Road Studios TG12345 recording and mastering desks.
A HISTORIC CHANGE AT ABBEY ROAD
Chandler Limited’s celebrated relationship with EMI/Abbey Road Studios has yielded a plethora of faithful gear recreations, including the new Chandler Limited TG Microphone Cassette. In 1968, Abbey Road changed from valve-driven REDD consoles to the transistor-based TG12345, which meant a massive change in sound. This new era at Abbey Road was signaled by the creation of timeless records including The Beatles’ Abbey Road, Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, John Lennon’s Plastic Ono Band and George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass.
SONIC BLAST FROM THE PAST
For the first time ever, Chandler Limited has recreated a channel strip from this legendary TG12345 console and incorporated different elements from its reign at Abbey Road during the late 60s and 70s. The TG Microphone Cassette is a full-featured mixing console channel strip which incorporates the timeless punch of The Beatles and Pink Floyd, thanks to expanded EQ and compressor/limiter (a new option in 1968).
CLASSIC SOUND, MODERN CONVENIENCE
As master designer Wade Goeke has been apt to do with all of his Chandler Limited creations, the TG Microphone Cassette encompasses the design of classic Abbey Road gear and efficient modern amenities. This 19-inch rackmount unit combines the brand’s historic EMI/Abbey Road Studios series - TG1 Opto Limiter, TG2 Pre Amp/DI and TG12345 Curve Bender EQ, all in one. This is the first time since 1983 (when the desks ceased to be built), that all of the elements of the TG12345 console have been offered together in one concise package.
- Channels: Mono
- TG2 Preamp: Transistor amplifier
- Mic/Line: XLR Input (Transformer balanced, Mic 300Ω Impedance)
- DI: 1/4” Unbalanced
- Maximum gain: +70db, Coarse Gain (Stepped +20 to +60db), Fine Gain (Variable +/-10db)
- Rumble Filter (Low Cut): 6 Frequencies (Out, 33,41,47,65,82,110hz)
- Phantom power, Phase: Phantom (+48V), Phase (0-180º)
- Curve Bender EQ: Treble/Bass Shelf, Presence (Out, 300hz,500hz,1.2k 3.6k,6.5k), Output control, Bypass, XLR Output
- TG1 Opto Limiter: Independently patchable (XLR I/O), Hold, Attack, Release, Knee (Sharp/Rounded), Output (makeup gain), Bypass, Linkable (1/4” Jack)
- Power: External/PSU-1, Purchased separately
Chandler Limited is the only company in the world authorized to develop, manufacture and market the “Official Equipment” of EMI/Abbey Road Studios.
Abbey Road Studios, EMI, TG and their associated logos are trademarks of EMI (IP) Limited.