ADL 1000 - Anthony DeMaria Labs
Mono opto valve compressor.
A vacuum tube mono compressor/limiter similar in design to an LA-2A. The hand matched optical attenuator and custom in/out audio transformers is the heart and sole of this unique handcrafted compressor. Its “warm,” “punchy” and if driven hard enough “crunchiness” is a true reminder of that magical rock-and-roll sound.
The 1000 has many practical applications for recording studios, tracking, mixing, stereo buss, vocals and instruments, live concert sound reinforcement as well as for film and broadcast work.
All audio transformers are designed according to original specifications which has allowed us to not only serve our needs, but also service and repair original 660 and 670 Fairchilds.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz-30kHz ± 0.5 dB.
- Distortion: @+4 + 0.75% @+20 + 0.18%.
- Noise: -80 dB.
- Input/Output Impedance: 600 Ohm Balanced XLR.
- Gain Reduction: 40 dB.
- Gain: 40 dB ± 1 dB.
- Attack Time: 10 uSec.
- Release Time: ~0.07s. for 50% Release, 0.5s – 4s for 100%.
- Panel Size: Standard Two Rack Space (2U).
- Panel Controls: Gain Reduction/Output +4 Switch Gain, Peak Reduction.
- Power: 117 (Standard), 240 (Available on Request).
- 100-120-V FUSE: 1/2-A S/B 5x20mm.
- 220-240-V FUSE: 1/4-A S/B 5x20mm.
- Tube Complement: (2) 12AX7A, (1) 12BH7A, (1) 6AQ5A.
- Shipping Weight: 12 lb.
- Balanced input and output
- XLR input and output jacks
- Stereo linking capability
- Wide dynamic range (15Hz – 30K)
- Heavy-Duty Chassis
- Works with unbalanced systems
- Easy to operate
- Handbuilt in the USA
- Great for analog & digital recording as well as live sound
- All tube design (no IC’s or chips)
- Opto attenuators for “invisible” compression
- High quality transformer