176 Limiting Amplifier - Retro Instruments
Tube Limiting Amplifier.
Available on demand, contact us!
The Retro Instruments Retro 176 Limiting Amplifier has the largest feature set in any variable-mu design.
- Precision Knob scales for easy recallability
- Continuously variable attack and release time
- Four settings of compression ratio from soft compression to limiting (2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1)
- Wide-Range Sidechain Highpass Filter
- Vocal Assymetry Tool
- Hard-wire Bypass Switch
- Interstage Transformer Bypass Switch
- High Quality VU Meter switchable between Input, Output and Gain Reduction
- XLR input and output connections
- IEC power connector
- 115/230V AC Mains
- Integral tube balance test
- Easy stereo strapping of two or more units
- Selected NOS tubes and components
Specifications for the Retro 176 include:
- 20 dB of available gain reduction
- Signal to noise ratio of greater than 76dB
- Flat frequency response within 0.5dB from 20-20,000Hz and Harmonic Distortion of less than 1% from 0-15dB gain reduction